What can Kinesiology assist with? (kin-easy-ology)
People can benefit from Kinesiology work on many areas of physical and emotional states:
- Control acute and chronic pain
- Address digestion Issues
- Manage weight
- Achieve goals
- Improve self confidence
- Dissolve sleep problems and fatigue
- Stop smoking and other addictions
- Relieve depression,anxiety and stress
- Decision making- stop feeling stuck
- Release fears and phobias
- Release old patterns or past trauma
- Attention or learning difficulties
- Resolve skin conditions
- Manage fertility and hormonal problems (male and female)
- Support autoimmune disease
- Support neurological conditions
What happens in a Kinesiology session?
- A session lasts generally 1.5 hrs (shorter or longer sessions are on a case by case basis)
- Wear comfortable clothing, you wont need to undress
- The treatment is done on the massage table
- Gentle non-invasive techniques are employed to target the issue of concern;
- Holding, rubbing and tonifying acupressure points (no needles are used!)
- Resetting muscles gently with biofeedback to the brain
- Other forms of gentle touch are employed to work directly on soothing the nervous system
- At the end of the session you will feel relaxed
- Treatment continues within the body for up to 3 days following the session
Relieving Symptoms Of Chronic Health And Emotional Issues
Injuries, illness and mental stress automatically cause blockages in the body that can prevent or slow down our healing. These blockages, if left unaddressed, are held in our body long after the event and create loops and patterns leading to more health problems down the track. The end result can be a seemingly never ending list of complaints that prevent our further development as a unique individual.
Most of us know our body can heal itself, over time. Typically, once we experience an injury, illness or stress of any kind we go into a coping pattern and hope it will go away by itself. This is possible when the body is allowed to be balanced and in a state of wellness.
Kinesiology is the study of body movement and dynamics. It encompasses holistic health disciplines and uses gentle, non-invasive manual muscle monitoring to ask the body for information about the current health status and issue.
Kinesiology originated from chiropractic health, combining Western techniques with Eastern wisdom to promote physical, emotional and spiritual health. Many forms of Kinesiology have developed since its origins.
Integrative Kinesiology combines Holistic Therapies and Western Health Sciences that may include aspects of Energetic Medicine, Mind Body Medicine as well as Traditional Chinese Medicine methods, Biochemistry (Nutrition), Dynamic Structure and Brain Function.
The brain exists throughout the body as the peripheral nervous system, hormones and neuropeptides. Just as specific emotional states and stress from illness effect these systems such as immune system function, cellular function and endocrine function, research suggests this excess stimulation can be calmed by techniques on the body.
Some of the techniques that can be used in a session may be acupressure, palpation and trigger point, breath work, meridian visualisation, talking, sound and colour vibrations, homeopathics and counselling.
The combination will be unique to each session and issue to address the nervous system to bring about wellness and healin
To address the symptoms and the root cause of your issue, an integrative approach includes:
- recommendations for your own exercises and activities to integrate the therapy.
- possibly some products such as oils, herbs, music etc
- education about your current issue
- a treatment plan which may include additional tests, dietary advise, referrals.
Kinesiology does not treat or diagnose any medical conditions or named diseases nor do kinesiologists prescribe.
The focus of Kinesiology is on improving the symptoms of a condition and supporting the body to heal itself, most people can benefit in some area of life.
What Is Hypnotherapy?
Clinical Hypnotherapy facilitates "..an education and communication process by which the conscious and subconscious mind agree.." (Elman). That means, what you think, you attract.
The focus of Hypnotherapy, much like Kinesiology, is on improving the symptoms of a condition or state and supporting the body-mind to heal itself towards a natural state of wellness. Most people can benefit in some area of life.
It assists the client to generate unconscious change and to manifest those changes at the conscious level, to activate internal resources for change and empowerment. Enables the unconscious mind to generate solutions to heal the past, access unconscious resources and bring a new kind of wisdom and way of being into their reality.
During Hypnosis, the client is coached into a state of congruence where they can access their true feelings, bypassing the judgmental conscious mind. This process assists the client to move towards achieving their goal (Stewart, ACH).
"Providing Hypnotherapy to support my clients towards their goal is a pure delight. I see my clients having the freedom to resolve issues in the safety and privacy of their own mind and begin to experience positive changes in life without the need to force themselves."
What can Hypnotherapy assist with?
People can benefit from Hypnotherapy work on many areas of physical and emotional states:
- Alleviating emotional, physical and mental stress
- Assisting with decision-making
- Overcoming addictions or bad habits like smoking, alcoholism, poor eating, nail biting
- Releasing fears and phobias,
- Releasing anger, grief, resentments and worry
- Enhanced learning, comprehension abilities and memory
- Exam nerves
- Improved performance
- Personal Growth- Improving Confidence, Self-esteem and Motivation
- Transitioning through stages of life and identity
- Sexual dysfunction and disorders
- Pain management
- Pre and post-surgery support
- Identifying areas for additional specialist referrall
- *It must be noted that Hypnotherapy is not a replacement for medical treatment from your doctor.
What Happens In Hypnosis?
A Clinical Hypnotherapist uses hypnosis to enable the client to achieve a state of mental, physical and emotional relaxation.
When in hypnosis, the conscious mind (that busy, critical, analytical part of the mind) takes a rest. Hypnosis allows people to tap into the storehouse of information that lies in the subconscious (sometimes referred to as the unconscious) mind and make positive changes to thought patterns, habits or the effects of traumatic incidents that are having a negative impact either mentally or physically.
What Does Hypnosis Feel Like?
The feeling when in hypnosis is of being physically and mentally relaxed. It has been likened to the feelings we experience just before waking completely from sleep or just as we drift off to sleep. Some people say it feels like daydreaming. When in hypnosis, people experience a state of complete mental, physical and emotional relaxation. In itself, this is a very healing state. Dr Milton Erickson, a leading American hypnotherapist, described the process of clinical hypnosis as “a free period in which individuality can flourish”.
Can Anyone Be Hypnotised?
Pretty much – some more easily than others. Like anything else in life, the more people practice self-hypnosis, the more easily they can slip into that wonderful relaxed state. The depth that people reach in hypnosis varies between individuals. It is not necessary to achieve a very deep level of hypnosis to bring about change to habits or conditions that are having a negative impact either mentally or physically.
A common myth about hypnotisability is when a person says, “No one could hypnotise me, and I’m too strong minded”. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. A person goes into hypnosis because they choose to. So strong-minded individuals are really good candidates for hypnosis provided they are committed to wanting it to work for them.
Are Abilities Enhanced During Hypnosis?
Yes, as follows:
- The ability to IMAGINE
- The ability to REMEMBER
- The ability to BE CREATIVE
- The ability to RESPOND POSITIVELY to suggestion
Would I Be Asked To Do Anything Against My Will?
This is one of the common misunderstandings associated with hypnosis. This is probably tied in with another misconception that the hypnotherapist has control over the client. This is not the case. People will not do or say anything under hypnosis that they would not do when not in hypnosis. Thanks to TV shows and stage hypnotists, there is a common misconception that you can be hypnotised against your will. It is not true. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis.
Research conducted at the University of NSW by Dr Amanda Barnier and reported in The Sydney Morning Herald on 2 February 1998, states that “Hypnotised people do not act like robots, nor are they powerless pawns of post-hypnotic suggestions.”
How Many Sessions Will It Take?
This is hard question to answer accurately as every person and every condition is different. It is suggested that you discuss this with your Hypnotherapist either prior to or during your first consultation.
Will My Personality Change?
Hypnotherapy will bring out the best in you. The change happens when you leave behind any habits or baggage you no longer need or want. As a result, you become stronger and happier. It will help you to unlock your true potential, and uncover your strong, good qualities, which you may not even be aware of.
*These and more FAQ’s can be found on the website for the Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists.